By Ananya Mukherjee
November begins on a brave note as the hairiest month of the year. Originally started by a couple of Australians as a tribute to the dying ‘moustache’, Moustache November celebrated the return of the good old mo. Over a decade back, this fun movement transformed into two social campaigns to raise awareness about men’s health. ‘Movember
’ (grow your mo
) and ‘No Shave November
’ (don’t shave) are celebrated to bring the spotlight on prostrate cancer, testicular cancer and other men’s health issues.
The Man Company completely endorses the movement and encourages our bros to let it grow freely this month!
You can do your bit by:
1. Donating your month's shaving fund to the not-for-profit No-Shave Organization
or Movember Foundation
that fund cancer research
2. Using your hairy appearance as a conversation starter on healthissues (think of yourself as a billboard talking about men's health)
3. Expressing solidarity with cancer patients who lose hair
4. Spreading the word by sharing your 'letting-it-loose' pictures, tagging pals and letting everyone know about the cause
As you go wild, keep these tips in mind, so you don't get the boot at work or school:
1. Trimming is allowed in no-shave month. Dab a little gel
, shave off excess hairs or snip them lightly to look clean and groomed.
2. While you don the manly ‘mooch’, give it an upward twirl every now and then for a neat, perky twist.
3. Keep your handlebar or beard soft and smooth by rubbing some Argan oil or any other beard oil.
4. Since you will have a lot of hair to show, keeping the hair (of your head) freshly washed
and properly set at all times will make you look attractive
This November, show the man you are by dropping the razor and joining thousands supporting men’s health.
- See more at: http://www.themancompany.com/blog/cat/mens-grooming/post/Go-Brave-Dont-Shave-in-November/#sthash.dmEioqv2.dpuf